Casa do Outeiro
Wego searches multiple travel sites so you can find and compare the best rates.
The Casa do Outeiro the border town of Ponte de Lima and her distant little more than 1 km is one of the manors in the Parish of Santa Arcozelo Navy perhaps the richest collection of stately homes of the Lima Valley. Also in the sixteenth century there were two fifths in the same place with this name. One belonged to a branch of Macieis illustrious family with solar Darque Viana and the other along the emprazada went to the Lords of the Fifth Silveiro in Correlhã. The marriage of Antonio Alvares Maciel and D. Ana Pinto Correia in 1634 finally joined the two farms. From this marriage was born D. Maria Josefa Vieira Pinto Maciel who was the 1st Administrator of the bond set by their parents by deed of dowry held on March 11 1713 to marry his relative Gaspar de Abreu de Lima Teles de Meneses young nobleman from the Royal House and Lord Sentencing of the Palace in Lima Refoios. The new bond registered under the name Quinta de Santo Antonio and the Conception of Our Lady of the Palace of the Knoll and Refoios came from generation to generation until now without changing its initial boundaries. The house however already old was rebuilt in the 1st phase in 1723 and later in 1787 it gained the main terrace and the noble gate. The chapel the invocation of N. S. of Conception built in 1774 to replace a previous one was not completed. In the generations that followed the link was added and consistently in the mid-nineteenth century was one of the largest mansions of the north with land and forums scattered throughout all the provinces to Lisbon. In March 1809 and lord of this house John Gomes de Abreu de Lima de Magalhães Pinto and Cardoso was the Casa Outeiro sacked by the troops of General Soult who commanded the 2nd French Invasion of Portugal and there is aquartelaram during the passage of Lima . Would suffer another blow later during the persecution by the constitutional forces. However despite all these vissicitudes still remains more than four centuries later in the possession of the same family. Its current owner Dr. John de Abreu de Lima and his wife D. Mary Anne Rooke Pereira Dias de Magalhaes more than 20 years who began the restoration work and may now be considered one of the best preserved manor houses of the River Lima.