1) Usha Kiran Palace, Gwalior is a 120-year-old palace set amidst 9 acres of beautifully landscaped lawns with flowering trees, arched bridges and shimmering fountains. This regal palace is rich in history and outfitted with artistic stone carvings and delicate filigree work.
2) The Palace is 25 KMS or 45 MINS from the airport, 3 KMS or 15 MINS from the railway station. Gwalior is also just a 2-hour drive from Agra and a 5-hour drive from New Delhi.
3) The hotel has 40 rooms including 8 suites. Their aesthetically refurbished interiors, exquisite artifacts, furniture and lighting complement the contemporary comforts and facilities.
4) Guests can choose from Continental, Asian and Indian delicacies at the hotels restaurants
5) The Jiva Spa offers a range of signature Indian spa experiences including Indian therapies, beauty treatments and Yoga. It is located in the palace gardens, equipped with single and double treatment rooms.
6) FACILITIES: Badminton, boating, billiards - Special Maharaj, childrens swimming pool, chess, cricket, gymnasium with a separate hall for aerobics and yoga, rock climbing, table tennis and water sports (only Nov - April)
7) SHOPPING: Gwalior offers a wealth of traditional arts and crafts for shoppers. Its rich textile tradition is known for the famous Chanderi and Maheshwari saris, Tussar silk and block printed cotton fabrics. Handicrafts include tribal artifacts in bell metal and iron, wood and stone carvings and miniature paintings.
8) THINGS TO DO: Fort, SasBahu Temple, Teli Ka Mandir, Gujari Mahal: 5 KMS or 20 MINS. Datia Palace: 80 KMS or 90 MINS. Sonagiri: 70 KMS or 60 MINS